Re: [LUG] Re: What is/was your work desktop? was Re: [LUG} SIMS

Quoting Kelly Jones <kellyjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I am self employed so i don't have to conform to any stupid work
policies.  I run Fedora Core 3 on  my desktop / server but due to having
so many Windows users i run Windows XP pro, Windows server 2003 (domain
controller) and Windows 98 all simultaneously under VM Ware on the
aforementioned Linux box.  I have just picked up a cheap laptop and
currently dual boot XP Pro and Debian sarge (very impressed with Debian
by the way and once i have it setup just right, i will use this 99% of
the time on the laptop only booting into XP to test hardware etc)

Is Fedora Core 3 any good?  I was thinking about trying out Fedora Core 3 for
AMD64.  Your idea of running Windows XP seems like a good one, I figured
something like that would be easier than dual booting, only thing putting me
off VMWare is the price tag :-(

Rob