Re: [LUG] Offer of venue for DCGLUG meeting related to Educationalsoftware

David Johnson wrote:

I do actually have first-hand experience of the SIMS system in use and somewhere even have a list of what it's users at Tavistock College don't like about it, which is a fairly long list (I ended up writing a SIMS system for my Computing A-Level so investigated the existing system in-depth). They are certainly keen to use a better system as what they've got tends to get in the way. But naturally the decisions are made by management without, I suspect, even consulting the people who have to use the system.

But is there actually a free SIMS system out there and if there is, are individual schools actually free to choose their own SIMS software?

David.

So what is this SIMS software all about? When I was at Exeter College working in their IT Services department I remember they had some product called DITA or something. I do remember it being a pain to use and it was always crashing.

Rob