Re: Exeter Drinks was Re: [LUG] Computer shop in Exeter citycentre?

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 20:02:29 +0000
Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We normally leave the heavy drinking to those 2600 guys ;)

Why?

Their next meet is this Friday, at the White Hart, South Street,
turn up from about 19:30, no idea when it is suppose to happen.
They'll probably be the only people in the pub with laptops, or
other tell-tale badges, T-shirts etc.

I met up with Rob on the almost certain bet (it was certain) that I would be the
only chap in my local wearing a tie. Beats the station, under the clock.....

The White Hart is not what it was, and if it has not improved from my last visit
they (2600's) cannot claim any beer/real ale drinking cred (on the other hand, their
pockets must be deep).

I can claim to know it over more years than I care to remember, to the time when it
was a very good pub (bars with decent beer and prices), a good hotel, an excellent
student gathering place, and an very good place to eat on a student's (low-paid
professional's) budget in one of the various dining rooms.

I'll try to make it, anyway.

Terence