Re: [LUG] Who's best for Broadband in Plymouth?

On Friday 26 Nov 2004 11:33, Grant Sewell wrote:
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:14:50 +0000

Andrew Rogers <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry, forgot to mention that I currently don't have a phone connection.
Beside BT what companies in Plymouth provide the phone line?

The people that used to be Eurobell (are they Telewest now?) were pretty
good.

I have had cable broadband from Telewest for over a year now.
(Telewest = Blueyonder)  Can't comment on their tech support as I have never
had to use it.  They are not know to be Linux friendly but they do run a
Debian mirror, which is handy if you get into the habit of updating Debian
unstable on a regular basis.

If you contact them I'm sure they will try to sell you the works, i.e.
broadband, telephone and cable TV.  The only thing I would be wary of is the
cable TV service - which sucks just a little.  Most of the good stuff is on
freeview anyway.

Tony