Re: [LUG] A debian diary

Basically booting from cd rom is not a bios option. It is a AST Bravo MS 5166.

So I presume the boot disk, boots and the root disk loads the kernel or something like that? The rest of Debian I can get from the cd rom? I downloaded the iso that Tony suggested. i.e. http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sid_d-i/i386/pre-rc2/ sarge-i386-netinst.iso.

The reason I need the network card is so that I can connect to a router (Netgear 834g). There is no reason this machine won't go broadband is there?

Interestingly I can max Ram out to 256mb. I already have 64mb so I might go looking for Ram chips. Anybody know of a supplier?

Rich
www.littlebigfoot.org.uk
"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger bringing good news." Isaiah 52 v 7 (The Message)