Re: [LUG] XSANE & Mandrake 10

Grant Sewell wrote:

Have you tried scanning from the CLI? Try "scanimage --verbose > image.pnm" and see if that throws any wobblies.

Hi Grant,

I had tried just running xsane from the CLI. However I tried the command you suggested and got the below:

$ scanimage --verbose > image.pnm
scanimage: sane_start: Error during device I/O
scanimage: read 0 bytes in total
$

Not always a guarantee. I have a USB modem (Diamond Max 56K USB, or something) that is 'recognised'. Unfortunately, there are two versions of this modem, both of which identify themselves through the USB system identically, but they have very different 'controllers'. Have you checked that your particular scanner doesn't fall into this category as well?

I have to admit I can't remember if this has *ever* worked in MDK10. However I know it worked flawlessly in MDK 9.1 The above line suggests it's having a mare connecting to the scanner though doesn't it? I checked the scanner config and for some obscure reason Mandrake installed it as a Perfection 636 (which it isn't) so I redetected and set it up as a GT-7000.

Still no joy! :(

Kind regards,

Julian