[LUG] XSANE & Mandrake 10

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with the above, basically it refuses to scan. OK a bit more detail.

Mandrake 10.0 with XSANE-0.92-1mdk. It loads correctly, identifies my scanner correctly, Epson GT-7000 USB and that's all it does. If I click Preview nothing happens at all. Eventually after clicking the close (x) a few times the crash handler comes up saying XSAME is not responding.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the MDK CDs with no change. Anyone else come across this? I've had a Google buy couldn't see anything relevant to *this* problem.

The scanner works fine in Windows so I discounted hardware problems (besides it recognised the right model).

Kind regards,

Julian