[LUG] Re: Dialup ISP

Grant Sewell writes:

because it is always available,

I agree. The always up aspect of b/b is far more important than the speed.
Eg if you want to download something you just start it going and go away,
knowing that however long it takes it is not costing you anything.

I have my pc running the whole time (working on a DC project but that is another topic)
so if I want to know something I can walk up to it and ask Google without
having to wait for it to log in. My lot (www.plus.net) know a lot about linux (as Grant says, do not go for the USB
modem, get an ethernet router for ~30 pounds or less and stop worrying about
a driver). Plus charge 14.99 for 1Mbps, can't be bad surely?

Why be nervous about Linux -- you're in the right group already and the
experts are most kind and helpful.

Anyway good luck with whatever you decide...

Tony Sumner