Re: [LUG] Free software and users

On Sunday 10 October 2004 6:42 pm, Paul Sutton wrote:
At out first meeting there was a GNU/FSF Flyer,  any chance
of getting some more?

Certainly. Good idea - I've got lots of individual copies of GNU / FSF
leaflets and a I dare say Matt and Simon have a few too, but there's no
reason why the GLUG can't obtain a supply from AFFS. I'll get on to it.
http://www.affs.org.uk/about.html

There is one leaflet there already in PDF form which anyone is welcome to
print out but I'll try and get a bulk lot of their colour leaflets.

to be handed out at different venues, perhaps over
time there could be a set available were we meet if at least one person
living near a possible venue, (paignton (me then),   Plymouth,  St
Austell and Exeter are our usual venues,  so one person has a set of
leaflets and brings them along.   As we need more, can we get them
easily,  is this flyer downloadable?   How much would it cost to print
off say 50/100/500/1000 or whatever.

Probably more than it would cost to order the same number direct from AFFS or
FSFEurope. Plus the quality is going to be higher. Don't forget the costs of
paper and cartridges.

To help, I have put a link to the no patents page on the
paigntonrugby.net web site,  and also a link to the software site  I
used to produce the photo album (jalbum) which is open source software
too.

The new site will allow much more editing of the site content and things like
that will be easier for members to add.

--

Neil Williams