Re: [LUG] today's meets and some observations etc.

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 5:51, Simon Waters wrote:

Where were you when we were organising all the big public events?

which big public events would they be then?

I suspect drowning out any other voices over on uk.local.southwest
extolling how great Windows was for the first one I organised.

that'll be fun.... you can point to an instance where I said on uk.l.sw that
windows was better than linux? and this incident was when?

could have been 1995 perhaps, when it would have been true, windows95 kicked
linux ass on anything that anyone subscribing to a uk.local heirarchy
newsgroup would have been running....

my first exposure to linux was red hat in late 95, and I was online long
before then, and I gotta tell you I genuinely cannot recall any big public
linux events being promoted locally at any time since then.

Well
I guess we like repentent sinners, but they could be a little more
contrite.

I have nothing to repent so don't hold your breath expecting me to be
contrite.

As you say talk is cheap, when are you organising the next meet?

organising meets is easy enough, it is agreeing on the purpose of same that
needs to come first, does it not.

haven't seen anything approaching a consensus that there should be an
installathon and intent to participare from people, because we are still
discussing the relative issues innit.

google groups search of uk.local.southwest for linux user group finds one, get
that, ONE, match...
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=78f0b6%24kvb%241%40trans-world.demon.co.uk&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dlinux%2Buser%2Bgroup%2Bgroup:uk.local.southwest%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26selm%3D78f0b6%2524kvb%25241%2540trans-world.demon.co.uk%26rnum%3D1

cheers