Re: [LUG] Re: today's meets and some observations etc.

On Monday 27 September 2004 21:21, Simon Avery wrote:
Tony Atkin wrote:
After reading your post I googled the problem and found a great deal of
vitriol at
http://www.mozillaquest.com/Linux04/Asus_Sucks_Story-01.html
but I haven't yet found any other supportive evidence.

Me neither. Asus aren't the only hardware vendor not to spend money
supporting a minority software product, which is what linux is - and
Asus are low cost, low profit margin producers, so it's hardly
surprising they're unwilling to spend what little profit margin they
have on supporting it.

Now, if they were actively working against Linux, and I'm open to
evidence that supports that, I'd be upset too - but that would be an
outstandingly bad marketing decision and I think unlikely.

What it looks like from here is that somebody's got the hump with them
and is spreading rumours.

Possibly.After my friend wawadave first made me aware of the stance:

tp://www.pcqanda.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=2&topic_id=310837&mesg_id=310837&page=13

I did some reading up,and even phoned Asus in the U.S.A to spend just over an
hour discussing matters with them.

Would suggest you phone them yourself.

Sadie