Re: [LUG] Allow Me To Introduce Myself

On Saturday 25 September 2004 23:38, Sadie Brinham wrote:

I thought it only civil to say a proper "Hello" ......

Welcome Sadie.  You didn't mention how you came to hear about/find and install
Mandrake Linux in the first place.

My own introduction/induction to Linux, about 6 years ago, was finding a
freebie Red-Hat disk that somebody at work had discarded.  As a result, I
bought a nice shiny SuSE v6.1 box so that I could RTFM -  and really was
glowing with pride when that first text menu login appeared saying, "Have
Fun".

Like you, I have tried many distro's over the years: but have always retained
a box with the latest version of SuSE on it. To me, as a desk top user,
that's what Linux is about: a box that works, choice and having fun at the
same time - usually with the latest version of Mandrake on another box.  I'm
not a geek, I'm retired, probably the oldest member of the group, and (viewed
in retrospect) - post daft questions.

My local newsagent (Okehampton) sells 12 copies of LF each month, I often
wonder who buys the other 11 and where they are.

Enough of me - "Have Fun"

--
David Bell
Hatherleigh, Devon