Re: Network boots and BIOS Re: [LUG] Debian masterclass in Devon??

Simon Waters wrote:
Call me cynical, but putting Debian on SparcStations is pretty
minority activity. Solaris may not be free software (yet!), but I
don't see people paying for new certified hardware throwing it out
just yet.

Yup, I agree with that. I did once have an Ultra 10 which receieved Solaris 9 and was used with Solaris 9. The old sparcstations were just a bit too old to be usable for much with a newish Solaris... and who has a copy of an old, more minimalist SunOS lying around? My Sparc 20 was 75Mhz and the Sparc 10 50Mhz I think, although I did manage a dual cpu 20 once, worked a treat under Debian.

DT