Re: [LUG] Debian masterclass in Devon??

On Saturday 18 September 2004 7:00, Simon Waters wrote:

Last year it seemed that even keeping abreast of major GNU/Linux distros
was beyond the wit of all but professional industry watchers.

This year I feel the same way about Debian, and it's derivatives.

I'd like to organise a meet, somewhere with bandwith and possibly a
local Debian mirror for the event, and bash through some of the
"current" Debian stuff.

ok

am in devon, execketer akshully

have bandwidth, 1.5 mbit cable, NATted etc

have fileserver space but not a full or partial debian mirror, next big
download is 20 gig wikipedia complete, but wanna upgrade the fileserver
first. but could "host" the deb mirrors if someone felt like dropping them by
and copying across the network

have LAN and 802.11b but limited number of spare rj45 ports so someone would
need to bring hub/switch/router and patch cables

have space for 6 to 8 bodies.

have copies of latest knoppix / mepis and some other goodies too

hth etc