Re: [LUG] Wiping the Tablet clean...

On Monday 09 August 2004 23:42, Julian Hall wrote:
Could you not use the restore CD and utilise a partitioning utility such
as Partition Magic to fix what the installer broke?

I don't have partition magic, but yes, perhaps I can just resize the XP
partition.  I've never tried doing that, I've always installed from scratch
and put Windows on later (or not at all).

 and also that the machine has no
removable storage devices attached.

I *think* I'm right in saying Windows XP will install over a network.
I'm not 100% convinced it will do so with a restore CD, but there's only
one way to find out ;)

I'd have no idea how to go about that.  What would I boot from?

Cheers,

Jon