Re: [LUG] Wiping the Tablet clean...

Jonathan Melhuish wrote:

I'd ideally like to dual-boot XP and Debian, although if it's too much hassle then I'm prepared to drop Windows. There are only two complications that spring to mind: the XP CD is one of those nasty "restore CDs" that tend to repartition your drive without asking you, and also that the machine has no removable storage devices attached.

I have another Debian laptop, a Debian desktop and a 2Mb ADSL line at my disposal. All the machines have network access and can share data via a Samba share.

There are Linux tools for resizing partitions (parted) and disk imaging (g4l). So you could resize the Windows partition, to make some room and back it up.