Re: [LUG] Wiping the Tablet clean...

On Monday 09 August 2004 23:27, Simon Waters wrote:
The ACER restore CD's has an undocumented option to restore to the
existing partition structure - worth asking the people who supplied it
if this is possible, even if unsupported.

You mean leave the existing partition table alone?

Not sure why you need removal media if it will take CDs. But I'd test
with Knoppix or similar a lot before doing it, otherwise I assume it is
a vanilla Debian install?

Erm, forgive me if I'm barking up the wrong tree (it's after my bedtime), but
aren't CDs removable?

The only removable storage I have is the hard disk - I guess I could probably
transplant the hard disk into my other laptop (which has a CD-Rom drive) and
just install it that way.  That might be easiest.

Cheers,

Jon