[LUG] Wiping the Tablet clean...

I've just bought myself a Toshiba Portege 3500 tablet PC  8-)

It's got Windows XP Tablet Edition on it, but the novelty value of handwriting
recognition in Paint has worn rather thin now, and I'd like to be able to do
something useful on it - and that's surely got to mean installing Linux!

I'd ideally like to dual-boot XP and Debian, although if it's too much hassle
then I'm prepared to drop Windows.  There are only two complications that
spring to mind: the XP CD is one of those nasty "restore CDs" that tend to
repartition your drive without asking you, and also that the machine has no
removable storage devices attached.

I have another Debian laptop, a Debian desktop and a 2Mb ADSL line at my
disposal.  All the machines have network access and can share data via a
Samba share.

Any suggestions on how to go about it?

Cheers,

Jon