[LUG] ident: IRC and Linux

Hi All,

I currently have ident and pident running on my laptop so that when I
log into IRC it identifies me properly.  It's not working.  Port 113 is
mapped through the router to the laptop (I haven't been a pillock and
mapped the wrong port have I? :))  Every time I log in there is a ~in
front of my address and I get the usual ident failed messages.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

BTW I'm using X-Chat, not a bad client but if anyone has any better
suggestions for that please? :)

Kind regards,

Julian