Re: [LUG] webmin and static IP

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 21:02, Robin Cornelius wrote:
With a static IP on your laptop :-

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your suggestions!  The problem is sorted out now, but I won't
pretend to understand the solution! :)

Basically I uninstalled webmin, set the IP to static manually using
Mandrake Control Panel, rebooted, reinstalled Webmin and job done!  For
reasons best known to itself (undoubtedly a config issue somewhere)
Webmin on the laptop would only work off a static IP if it was *already*
set when it was installed.  Otherwise it told me I didn't have
permission to access the site, or just plain sat there twiddling its'
thumbs doing nothing useful.

Kind regards,

Julian