Re: [LUG] Battery Monitoring on laptop

David Johnson wrote:

The OS shouldn't be at all involved in actually charging the battery. Most likely the OS just makes the LED flicker when it is charging, so the fact that it's not flickering doesn't mean that it isn't charging.

You definitely want to go with ACPI rather than APM. You can get the battery applet back by finding the appropriate option in the KDE control centre (under Power Control -> Laptop Battery).

I seem to remember that I made ACPI battery monitoring work with Mandrake 9.2 by passing "acpi=ht" to the kernel via the LILO config file.

You would probably be better off with a 2.6 kernel, but getting it working with any Mandrake 9.x release is a rather time-consuming task.

Thanks for the advice David,

I put the 2.4 kernel on smply because I'm running out of hair to tear out getting the trackpad to work with a 2.6 kernel. I'll give your advice a try with the battery.

Kind regards,

Julian