Re: [LUG] Battery Monitoring on laptop

On Sunday 25 July 2004 23:14, Julian Hall wrote:

Does anyone have suggestions please to make sure MDK is seeing my
battery and bothering to charge it?  Normally the LED flickers when it's
charging, but it's off now.

The OS shouldn't be at all involved in actually charging the battery. Most
likely the OS just makes the LED flicker when it is charging, so the fact
that it's not flickering doesn't mean that it isn't charging.

You definitely want to go with ACPI rather than APM. You can get the battery
applet back by finding the appropriate option in the KDE control centre
(under Power Control -> Laptop Battery).

I seem to remember that I made ACPI battery monitoring work with Mandrake 9.2
by passing "acpi=ht" to the kernel via the LILO config file.

You would probably be better off with a 2.6 kernel, but getting it working
with any Mandrake 9.x release is a rather time-consuming task.

Hope this helps,
David.

--
David Johnson