Re: [LUG] Sony Lagdog, etc

I wouldn't try it if the partition
matters!. If you need to share data either make a small FAT32 partition to
use as a share or there are EXT2 drivers for win32 but they are commercial
and about £30 if i recall.

Ok, here's the deal. A friends pc with windows xp home, of which I know
nothing, is reporting an infected file containing a trojan. The file is
buried several directories down - starting at c:/System Volume information.
This is some sort of hidden directory which can't be seen using the file
manager or dos prompt. I thought I'd be clever, so I booted knoppix off the
cd, then mounted the ntfs partition. I can now see the offending file but
can't delete/rename it. None of his antivirus stuff seems to be able to sort
the matter. I did suggest ditching windows completely, but this idea hasn't
found favour :(

Andy.