Re: [LUG] Sony Lagdog, etc

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 19:38, Andrew Shelley wrote:
Hi,
I've just installed suse 9.0 on a sony vaio pcg-grx5sp. All is fine except for
the inbuilt modem. Under yast hardware, the modem is reported as:

Lucky you.. my Sony hates me.. and it mutual ;)

On a different point, I'm trying to mount a win2k ntfs partion, but I can only
mount it read only. Is this a limitation of this type of filesystem, or is
there any way around this ?

I believe 2.4 kernels only allow read access to NTFS, but I've heard
from other sources that 2.6 kernels should be able to read/write.  I
admit I've not had the bottle to try it though :)  Too much data to lose
if I kill the partition.

Cheers,

Julian