Re: [LUG] Sony Lagdog, etc

On a different point, I'm trying to mount a win2k ntfs partion, but I can
only mount it read only. Is this a limitation of this type of filesystem,
or is there any way around this ?

I believe 2.4 kernels only allow read access to NTFS, but I've heard
from other sources that 2.6 kernels should be able to read/write.  I
admit I've not had the bottle to try it though :)  Too much data to lose
if I kill the partition.

Write access was possible on 2.4 but you needed to enable it and build a
custom kernel (i think the same applied for 2.6). Even the option to enable
it said "DANGEROUS and EXPERIMENTAL", however and I think the caution still
remains. I believe that support for NTFS 4.0 was fairly complete but
everthing new will be using NTFS5.0. I wouldn't try it if the partition
matters!. If you need to share data either make a small FAT32 partition to
use as a share or there are EXT2 drivers for win32 but they are commercial
and about £30 if i recall.

Robin