Re: [LUG] Static IP

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Gilpin" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2004 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: [LUG] Static IP

Hi Simon,

When assigning static IP's, use something well out of the way of the DHCP
server eg 192.168.1.99.

I think you may have missed the point.  I don't *want* static IPs and I'm
trying to find a way to get a stubborn Linux box to stop insisting it has
one.

Give the machines a different name for each OS eg natalie1/natalie2.

Good idea.

Have you defined a domain name for your Linux setups?  Windows dosen't
care.

Yes, both Windows and Linux use the domain name (or network group) tartarus.
I kept them the same to make sure SAMBA would play nicely, and *that* does
work.

Kind regards,

Julian