[LUG] Static IP

Hi All,

How do I stop my one machine from having a static IP? (MDK10).  I must have
done it by using 'ifcfg eth0 192.168.1.2' (at least I assume that's what did
it).

Every time the desktop runs it gets two IP addresses, one from the DHCP
server which I don't want to stop as the laptop uses dynamic IP address
(Murphy's Law... I used ifcfg eth0 192.168.1.3 on the laptop and it refuses
to stay put!)

So I have two choices.

1. Find a way to get this stubborn laptop to stick to one IP address.
2. Stop the desktop from keeping the static IP.

If I choose option 1 I'll have to work out what combination of options in
the router stops the DHCP server but actually lets me get online.  Last time
it killed eth0 on both machines :(

Cheers,

Julian
---