Re: [LUG] Static IP

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Bruce" <amd@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

 Hi,

It appears that maybe the router isn't generating a new ip lease for this
machine. Can you log into the router and see the attached devices ? If so
can you fix the machines ip address in the router config, and thus allow
the other machine to get new dhcp ip.

Also, the dns setting for the MDK machine should not be the router, set it
to your isp's dns server or you can use 216.127.78.109 (one of my
servers).
Your gateway is correct.

regards

alan

The assigning of dns servers via dhcp do vary from router to router, for
example my old conexant based router would give out the its ip address
for the dns server,   dns lookups certainly worked okay.  I also have a
alcatel speedtouch pro,  the dhcpd in that gives the isp's dns servers to
any pc.

Andrew