Re: [LUG] Last stab at Trackpad :) (No not with Bowie knife.. yet ;))

Hi David,

I'm getting the following (copied off the screen).

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=0680 Product=0002 Version=0100
N: Name="0680:0002"
P: Phys=usb-0000:00:1f.2-2/input0
H: Handlers=mouse0 event1 ts0

etc

In XFConfig-4 the device is Mouse1 and I notice the Handler above is mouse0.
Could this be the cause of the problem?  I've edited the config to change
references to Mouse1 to mouse0 in the device and layout.  Still crashed out
saying:

mouse0 no synaptics event device found (checked 3 nodes)  [That's why I
wondered about adding the nodes]
Query no Synaptics 6003C8
(EE) mouse0 no Synaptics touchpad detected and no repeater device
(EE) mouse0 unable to query/initialise Synaptics hardware
(EE) PreInit failed for device "mouse0"

I should point out that I also have a USB mouse attached to the laptop,
which could be the device it's found in 'cat devices'.  Having said that, I
only attached the mouse *after* finding out the trackpad refused to behave.

BTW when I load MDK10 onto the laptop it runs like an absolute dog (by this
I mean at least 5 minutes opening Mandrake Control Panel for example),
bearing in mind it`s a PIII 850 with 256Mb RAM, and even on my friend's PIII
450 desktop it runs comparable to Windows 98 on the same box.  This happens
every time I install it.  Any ideas why?

Kind regards,

Julian