Re: [LUG] Last stab at Trackpad :) (No not with Bowie knife.. yet ;))

On Thursday 08 Jul 2004 00:57, Julian Hall wrote:

I downloaded and installed the synaptics module and it seems to load
alright further up in the log.  However there is something about not enough
nodes. I read on the Synaptics module website about "some distros have an
incomplete /dev directory" and I need to "check /proc/bus/input/devices"
for the number of nodes I need.  I do not know what to do about that.  When
I typed 'cat devices' in the  /proc/bus/input directory I had no idea what
to do with what was displayed.

In the /proc/bus/input/devices file you should see something like the
following:

I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0002 Product=0007 Version=0000
N: Name="SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"
P: Phys=isa0060/serio1/input0
H: Handlers=mouse0 event0
B: EV=b
B: KEY=6420 0 70000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=11000003

If you're not seeing something similar to that, then your pad isn't being
detected for some reason. Or perhaps it isn't supported by the kernel shipped
with Mandrake 10, in which case it's compile-your-own-kernel-time.

Hope this helps,
David.

--
David Johnson