[LUG] Network switch problems

I've got a SiteCom network switch - 8 port - that connects to each machine and
to the broadband router (which only has 1 ethernet port). I've been running
the network 24/7 since the New Year with a break for my holiday.

When I first came back, the switch wouldn't power on properly. Now it
intermittently cuts out all network traffic! I came back today and most of
the day's network tasks have reported errors or delays.

The switch has been on the UPS since before I went away (with the router) and
the machines themselves are running fine. The router itself indicates the
problem because the network connection light goes off - the ADSL indicator
and connection indicator stay on.

All I can do is power-cycle the switch and hey presto it comes back to life.
The problem is that the entire point was to keep the system running and
connected to the internet 24/7.

Do I need to replace the switch? (All ports are affected, it's not dodgy
cables or bad connections.) It doesn't get particularly hot.

--

Neil Williams