Re: [LUG] MDK10: Services problem

Some times also a DNS issue - if it is trying to reverse lookup or
insists on it - check the logs, and that the IP address and names all
work forward and back.

Cheers for that.

Turned out to be a /etc/hosts.allow & /etc/hosts.deny issue - hosts.deny
was pre-configured to deny everything from everyone :o(

Now I can safely put my box in the loft and get at it remotely. Just need
to sort out my script starting/ordering problem... Realistically, starting
them manually when I first plug the thing in will probably be all I need
to do for the forseeable future given that I won't have to reboot it for
any reason. My RH7.2 box have been running for 18months non-stop now...

Mart