Re: [LUG] EU Vote June 12th - who to vote for

Jon Lawrence wrote:
On Thursday 20 May 2004 19:35, Robin Cornelius wrote:

I didn't email the respective candidates, but rather the parties themselves.
Todate, only the UK IP have bothered to reply - they simply said that it's
their policy to pull out of Europe completely, so the issue of Software
Patents within Europe isn't overly of interest. Their meaning seems to be if
were not in Europe then they can pass whatever patent laws they want but they
won't affect us.

If only it were so simple - but even if we leave I'd want to know would
we get better patent laws - and what if they poll enough votes to post a
candidate but not enough to leave the EU - what way will the candidate
vote? Do they feel the same way about WIPO as they do about the EU?