Re: [LUG] Computer shops and Linux

On Sunday 09 May 2004 18:10, Neil Williams wrote:
On Sunday 09 May 2004 5:02, frank black wrote:
All I ask for is just someone there to have heard of linux.

I think you might have to re-assess your condition : PCWorld have heard of
Linux, they even sell shrink-wrapped distributions and books on Linux.
Doesn't mean they have the slightest clue about what it does.

PC World did surprise me once. I needed a combined scanner/printer/fax- the
one I was interested in was made by HP, the guy I spoke to said he thought it
was supported by the hpoj driver, I asked if it was possible to get an
internet connection so I could check. No problems, he simply unlocked one of
the display machines and let me surf away.

Jon