Re: [LUG] Computer shops and Linux

On Sunday 09 May 2004 6:10, David Pithouse wrote:
As much as the promotion of Linux is a good idea, and Linux is good
product, but do we really want to see 100's of questions

umm, yes!

on this message
or any other message board like...

My modem doesn't work.... and that being about the ounce of intelligence
the people with the problem are likely to go to.....

I remember posting messages like that when I started in Linux!
(It wasn't that long ago either).
http://www.dclug.org.uk/archive-old/msg00406.html
(OK, it was longer than expected and being fond of the sound of my own
keyboard it was a little longer too.)
:-))

Still, with help from Alex, Simon, John, Aaron, Robert, Mike, Tony - I got it
sorted and now I'm contributing back into the community.

We still have messages like that and we still answer them as we always have
and probably always will.

--

Neil Williams