Re: [LUG] laptop batteries

On 5 May 2004, at 18:28, Neil Williams wrote:

I think I'd miss KDE too much to stick to OSX full time, but there again, I'll
still have my workstation, so it's not too bad. May still put Debian on it
though, just to have the experience.

You can install KDE and have Debian packages on OS X..

http://fink.sf.net/

PC World Plymouth didn't even know how long the battery would last. When I
said that their own Business catalogue had quoted up to 6 hours of battery
life on a single charge, just like I found on the website when I got home,
the 'assistant' laughed and said nothing lasts that long, not even Celeron.

That'll be the same chain of shops who tried to demo an iBook to my mum and rebooted it because "The D drive had gone missing."

matt