Re: [LUG] laptop batteries

On Wednesday 05 May 2004 5:17, Matt Lee wrote:
http://www.apple.com/powerbook/specs.html
new 12-inch PowerBook G4.

The PowerBook is very nice, though it's not so light. The iBook is fast
now, and a lot cheaper.

I actually meant the iBook and used the wrong URL. Oops.
http://www.apple.com/ibook/specs.html
iBook G4

I'm a Mac user, I have a desktop eMac (goes with my favourite editor)
and a 17 Inch PowerBook. Both very very nice machines, and the battery
life is good on the PowerBooks and iBooks.

Your choices for GNU/Linux distros are Yellow Dog, which is PPC Red Hat
basically, or Debian. Debian seems well supported, though Mac OS X is
very nice and I never quite got around to getting rid of it.

I think I'd miss KDE too much to stick to OSX full time, but there again, I'll
still have my workstation, so it's not too bad. May still put Debian on it
though, just to have the experience.

Feel free to email me off list with any questions. You can also play
with an iBook in PC World, Exeter.

PC World Plymouth didn't even know how long the battery would last. When I
said that their own Business catalogue had quoted up to 6 hours of battery
life on a single charge, just like I found on the website when I got home,
the 'assistant' laughed and said nothing lasts that long, not even Celeron.

Hello?!?

--

Neil Williams