[LUG] laptop batteries

1. Does anyone know of a recovery method for failed laptop batteries?
2. Does anyone know of a cheap source of laptop batteries? (doubtful)
3. Does anyone want a laptop WITHOUT the battery? (going cheap).
       (I'll make sure the filesystem is wiped v.clean and put a new distro on it)
4. Does anyone have a cheap laptop WITH a battery and eth0?

All I need really is:
USB, PCMCIA, internal ethernet, DVD.

I could use this as a server, I could simply plug it in everywhere I go - it's
still portable, just not a true laptop anymore.

Been quoted >£120 for a new battery - NOT covered under the extended warranty.

Specs are here:
http://www.dclug.org.uk/linux_news/dist-reviews/redhat/neilwilliams.php

Everything except the MIDI synthesiser has been working under Linux and
although I haven't used the internal linmodem driver recently, it was working
acceptably with Mandrake. Used RedHat7, Mandrake, Yoper and Debian on it.

--

Neil Williams