Re: [LUG] Hardware questions - PC power - Wireless adaptors

Simon Waters wrote:

Neil Williams wrote:

? So you mean the peripheral device power connectors? This one will convert a large to small:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/media/largeimages/32405i0.jpg

Cheers - that'll be the one.

At £1.49 it isn't worth making one, given I don't have quite the right
parts (at least not all in PC's I want to dismantle).

Now to discover if maplin sell anything else I need to make it worth
ordering from them.

Just hacked the leads from on old PC power supply that I am modifying for experimental use. I have both the smaller and larger type connectors with the wire which you could splice into your existing power supply wiring.

Red +5V
Black GND
Yellow +12V (I have seen orange used in some older cases)

Is it just one small one you need?

As it's very light I can pop it in the post, email me your address off list if interested.

Regards
Andrew