[LUG] Dumb question about Asterisk

Does anyone out there use Asterisk (the Open Source VoIP/PBX) ?

I've got ISDN2e, and I've been using a Netgear ISDN router for several years.
I tried replacing it with an Avaya CyberGear Gold a couple of years back but
didn't like the reliability much, although Avaya had the right idea - VoIP,
IP routing over ISDN, voicemail &c &c all in the one box.

I've got several Linux boxes sculling around at the moment, together with
assorted telephony hardware, so the idea of implementing Asterisk is
appealing. What I'd like to know, though, before I spend days playing with
it, is this :  will it coexist happily with ipppd ?  I.e. will it back off
happily so that a routed packet will cause a fairly seamless ISDN call to my
ISP ?

jd

--
John Daragon           argv[0] limited               john@xxxxxxxxxx
Lambs Lawn Cottage, Staple Fitzpaine, Taunton TA3 5SL, UK