Re: [LUG] A Debian Install

On Monday 05 April 2004 19:22, trewornan wrote:
Can you let me know how you find KDE 3.2 ?

I've been watching and waiting and considering an
upgrade but after reading the "May" edition of Linux
Magazine I had decided against it.

They give 3.2 a real slating:

X server freezing;
programs crashing;
bugs with kmail, kbear, korganiser;
kwallet unusable,
why are KDE "going for the stable release";
"steer clear of KDE 3.2 for the time being";
and so on . . .

Is it really that bad ?

Mark

NB. Apparently they are referring to the KDE/SUSE 9.0
package.

I upgraded kde to 3.2 on my home SUSE 9.0 setup around the first week in
February.  Since then I have upgraded it to 3.2.1 all without trouble.  It
may depend what apps are important to you.  For me kmail has to work and
provided konqueror doesn't bug out too often I am a reasonably happy
bunny.   3.2.1 seems stable enough on my Debian install as well.

Tony