Re: [LUG] A Debian Install

On Monday 05 April 2004 12:03, Neil Williams wrote:
The only major item to sort out now is the cdburner, but having had
success on everything else I am quite hopeful.

apt-get install cdrecord

chmod 4755 /usr/bin/cdrecord

cdrecord -scanbus

vi /etc/default/cdrecord
      set device default e.g. 0,0,0
      set speed default e.g. 20 (write speed)
      accept default buffer size of 4Mb.
(Or you can get all advanced again and use a label and then set burnfree
on etc.)

cdrecord -v -tao your.iso

I have read the docs and still don't understand this!

After trying cdrecord -scanbus and getting no result I went through the
usual ide-scsi setup routine and tried a few other things but then
backtracked on just about everything once I got it going. So afaik these
are the only changes I made to get it working:
in /etc/default/cdrecord  "CDR_DEVICE=ATAPI"
I let K3B make the required permission changes (being as I am mentally
lazy)

"cdrecord -scanbus" gives no result but "cdrecord  dev=ATAPI -scanbus"
does. "cdrecord dev=help" does not even mention ATAPI.  My burner is a
pretty standard Phillips machine on hdc. As initially setup by the Debian
install it worked fine as a CDR device.  There is no other cd device on
the system and nothing on hdd.

Tony