Re: [LUG] Thunderbird: expiring mail?

Keith Abraham wrote:

Keith,

Thanks for the idiot's guide. But...

OK Pete here we go but you'll kick yourself...
Tools/Message Filters/New Window
Fill in Filter name (I called mine "Expire")
Make sure "Match all the following is selected"
Beneath that ie 4 lines down you'll see 3 boxes in a line.
1st has "Subject" in it, the next "contains" and the last white space.
To the right of the "Subject" box is a down arrow, click on it.
At the bottom of the drop-down is "Customize" and above it
is "Age in Days"

I don't have an "Age in Days" entry in the dropdown. The one immediately above "Customize" is "Received".
I have obviously been sold a duff copy of Thunderbird :-(
My version string is "Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5 (20040208)". Is that the same as yours?

Cheers,

Pete.

Still hoping to kick himself!