[LUG] KDE upgrade on SuSE

Since the question came up...

I've upgraded my KDE on SuSE 8.2 last week the following way - not exactly
the easiest or quickest solution, but it worked fine:

I pointed KBear to the appropriate ftp site [1] with the official SuSE KDE
3.2.1 rpm packages, selected the appropriate packages by hand (don't copy
all, there is a lot of redundand stuff in there!) and copied them into a
new directory.

Several hours later (well-spent in the pub), all I needed to do was
rpm -Fvh * and restart KDE.

Yes, I wish I could've apt-got it, but hey, c'est la vie. My teutonic
roots have me favour the SuSE flavour, I supose ;-)

T.

--
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those
who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means