re: check my config [was: Re: Oracle on Linux - was [LUG] The _real_ Andrew Pearce]

On Friday 27 February 2004 21:01, Simon Waters wrote:

I guess the moral is it is not enough to set good defaults, you have to
make it easy for the conscientious admin to know you've done it right.

"/usr/bin/check_my_config_is appropriate_for_XXXX"

Now there is an echo of the esr rant on CUPS, and of the conversation on
openhealth-list about it and about ease of access to good documentation being
a problem, and an opportunity, with FLOSS.

A very good insight clearly put Simon.  Make it so, people.
--
Adrian Midgley                   (Linux desktop)
GP, Exeter