Re: [LUG] Learning a language with linux

On Saturday 07 February 2004 01:59, Simon Waters wrote:

That is why LOGO had a turtle - even the most novice programmer got a
clear graphical output - even if it was only a line going off the
screen.

LOGO is far more than a toy language.

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue43/silva.logo.html
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~bh/

Note to any SUSE users out there trying to compile Berkeley LOGO.
I found that the compile failed.  The solution was to install the
ncurses-devel package, delete config.cache and rerun configure and make.
Yes, I agree Simon, it does look like far more than a toy language.

Tony