From: owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gemma Peter
Sent: 04 February 2004 12:29
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] OT: FUD spreading at University of Plymouth?

On Wed 4 Feb 2004 12:10 pm,  chris wrote:
BTW Gemma

Are you in the School of computing At UoP, as when I was studying
there 96-00

I'm not physically there because I'm on my placement year.

many of the SoC lecturers seemed less than totally enthralled by M$

The only lecturer that I have heard mention Linux was Martin
Knahl (teaching
the Operating Systems module) and that was just because you
can't demonstrate
how stuff works internally in Windows.

Does the uni have any CD's for borrowing that are Linux. I
know SoC students
can get their hands on Microsoft stuff through a kind-of educational
partnership.