Re: [LUG] Watching DVD's

On Monday 19 January 2004 8:58 pm, Peter Butterfield wrote:

Also has anyone tried the Win4Lin and VMWare they offer with these
packages?

I've used both Win4Lin and VMWare - under RedHat and now Gentoo.
Win4Lin works pretty well with Windows 98 - I don't think it supports XP yet.
VMWare although expensive works well with everything I've tried. I currently
use it for Win2k, WinXP, and debian. It is still handy to be able to run some
MS software - esp' for testing websites. If a website doesn't offer support
for anything other than IE then I simply won't visit it. If it's an
educational site (recommend or operated by a school) then I think they are
duty bound to work with other browsers.

HTH
Jon