From: owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of lee quick
Sent: 14 January 2004 20:27
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] Watching DVD's

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 8:15 pm, george_sinclair@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi there - can someone please point me to where I can get the complete
explanation (ie step by step instructions) of how I can watch my DVD's on
my SuSe 8.2 hp 4150 laptop. I believe that I need to install some
additional libraries to the default Xine player.

ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/8.2-i386/RPMS.packman-i686

has most of the nessesary xine files,completely remove the suse xine setup
as
it it interferes with the packman rpms.

think the decss rpm for encrypted DVDS lives in the same ftp site but in
earlier distro's folders or if memory serves -suse-people/kraxel directory.

cheers,

lee

--
SUSE 9.0 on Abit SG-71 with 2.4GHz P4, 768MB RAM,
Nvidia GF 4,Western Digital 80GB HD using KDE's Kmail.