Re: [LUG] Scottish libraries lending OpenOffice Cds

On Saturday 20 Dec 2003 12:30 pm, Robin Cornelius wrote:
> I also think that a flood of CD's would not be helpful and in the first
> instance a small number of highly usefull CD's would be the way forward. My
> First thoughts are openoffice (windows+linux version) and a knoppix type
> linux distro.

This all seems very interesting. Penwith District Council uses Sun OS and Star
Office rather than the M$ versions. One potential pitfall is if people keep
troubling the library service when they have problems installing or running
the suite. Especially installing the spellcheck. Some of the instructions
with the CD can be off-putting to mere mortals.

Peter.